Camping is one of people’s favorite pastimes. You go in the middle of nature, you can enjoy the scenery, get to spend some time with your family or friends, and you can relax fishing or going on hikes. I can totally understand why people enjoy it, and I am totally for it. It’s the perfect way to get rid of everything that stresses you out, even if it’s for just a couple of days.
When it comes to camping gear, let’s just say that it’s not that inexpensive. You need a lot of stuff if you want your trip to be successful. From the right boots to the right tent. Nothing should be left to chance. After all, you are going into the wild. Prepping is crucial. However, the camping gear market is huge, and competition is fierce. Manufacturers struggle to cut costs as much as possible. Their competition is your luck. You still can get high-quality camping gear at an affordable price.
Why should you trust tents under 100 dollars?
Tents are one of the most basic needs when you go camping. You don’t want to sleep under the naked sky, do you? It’s dangerous. There are wild animals in the woods, bugs that I am sure you don’t want to feel crawl on your legs or face, and no matter how hot it is in the summer, the temperatures are going down during the night. You need shelter. But tents can be really expensive, especially if you go for well-known brands. That is why I compiled a list of reasons why you shouldn’t do that but go for the cheaper models. I can guarantee that you can find a perfectly good tent under 100 dollars. Here is why you should go for it.
- ü Well-known brands make you pay for their label – I am not saying that they produce low-quality products. Quite the contrary actually. They make good tents, but they are overpriced just because of the name on the label. Do you really think that they use so many resources to make a simple tent? No, they don’t. Otherwise, smaller companies wouldn’t stand a chance. And still, small time companies do exist and make a profit.
- ü Cheaper tents can be of the exact same quality as the more expensive ones – I am not kidding. I once saw a tent in a local store that could be bought from an online store, but at twice the price. As you can imagine, like any other store there is, in the price of the products they add the rent of the place and the utilities, stuff like that. The price does not reflect only the amount of resources manufacturers invest in the final product. Stores add to that price as well just so they can keep their profits. It’s not a bad thing. That is how the economy works. But that principle does not affect the quality of the tent. That is all I am saying and what I want you to understand.
- ü Small companies use almost the same materials and technology as the big brands (except the patented technology) – the only difference is that well-known brands can afford to promote more and to add a little to the price. Small companies cannot do that. If they raise the prices, they don’t survive. But the quality of the tent is almost the same. You can expect small flaws. After all, you want a low price. But that doesn’t change anything.
These are the main reason you should trust a tent under 100 dollars, but I bet that there are more. Sometimes I get sick and tired of the fact that people always think that the bigger the price, the higher the quality. That is not always true.
What to look for in the best tent under 100 dollars?
When it comes to expectations, don’t hold back just because you cannot afford a fancy 500 dollars tent. Chances are the quality is almost the same. All you have to do is determine a few things and take it from there. Here are the most sought up features.
- ü The size – that depends on how many people you want to fit into that tent. But the good news is that you can find tents big enough to fit 6 people in it, and still maintain a price below 100 dollars. That’s one hell of a deal. Fitting 6 people in an 80 bucks tent is absolutely incredible.
- ü Ventilation – that may not be an issue in a 2 people tent, but when there are 6 people in there, you want ventilation, trust me on that. Luckily, some models provide one or two windows that will help you with that.
- ü Installation time – you don’t need a tent that will take forever to set up. You went into the wild for a vacation, do you really want to start it with two hours of setting up camp? I didn’t think so. Some models only require a few minutes. Those are the ones you should aim for.
- ü Welded floors – I love camping, but the thought of bugs or small reptiles crawling into my sleeping place is creeping me out. If that is also the case with you, then I suggest you choose a model that has a welded floor. That way nothing will get in.
- ü Rainfly – if you like going camping other than in the summer, then I suggest you purchase a tent that comes with a rainfly. You will appreciate the extra protection in case it rains or it’s really windy outside. Also, you can use it as a wayside pavilion.
- ü Waterproof – I think it goes without saying that the tent should be waterproof. The material it’s made of must really work efficiently to keep the water out. Also, it goes the same with the floors. Water may come from the sky, but it settles on the ground. A tent without a water resistant floor is useless.
There you have it. If you have any preferences on used technology, you may want to reconsider the 100 dollars part. If not, you ca get all the features I listed above, and many others, for less than that.
What are the best tents under 100 dollars?
I know that it seems hard to believe that you can find a high-quality tent for that price, but with a little perseverance, the job should be relatively easy. Just in case you cannot find them yourself, here are a few suggestions that are meant to help you out.
Coleman Sundome 4-Person Tent
This one can fit as many as 4 people in it, just as the title suggests. However, if you want, you can put a queen airbed in there. It will fit perfectly. I am one of those people who is horrified of sleeping on the ground. I cannot explain it, I just hate it. That is why I always take an inflatable mattress when I go camping.
There is plenty of room to move if you want. The center height is 59 inches, which is more than enough for a tent. It has 8,5 mm fiberglass poles, and the floor is made of 1000D Polyethylene. The access port is electric and the ground vent, as well as the large windows, provides an efficient ventilation.
The setup is easy to achieve thanks to the dome design. It only lasts 15 minutes to get it up. The pole sleeves are continuous and snag-free, which will make your job a lot easier. The tent also comes with a rainfly that will give you some extra protection against rain, but it will also provide shade in the hot summer days. The floors are welded and use a system called WeatherTec (patented). That, together with the inverted seams, keeps the water out at all times. The Insta-Clip Pole attachments will stand up strong against the wind.
The tent comes with a carrying bag for easy transportation and storage. And you know what? You get all that for just a bit under 100 dollars. You can’t even question its quality. Everything is as it should be.
Toogh Waterproof 3 Season Tent
Toogh can fit two or three people on it, depending on how comfortable you sleep really close to someone. But that is not as important as the fact that you can go camping with this tent in all three seasons (winter excluded, obviously.) Who cares if it’s fairly warm outside? This tent will provide excellent shelter.
The roof is rainfly vented and has an extra waterproof coating that can keep water away in any given circumstances. The seams are leak-free all around the bottom, which means water will not get in, up or down. That feature also comes in handy when the grass is wet, and you have to setup the tent. The metal zipper is so strong and durable that you can use it as many times as you like. It will last you a very long time.
Do you know how long it takes to setup this tent? 60 seconds. The same with getting it down. That is not a typo, I can assure you. I doublechecked. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I first saw. One minute. That sounds incredible, but people swear by it. It has been tested by many, and this feature is entirely accurate. The front door has a two-way zippered mesh window. That will make getting in or out relatively easy. There is a large mesh side wall that helps with ventilation and provides excellent protection from mosquitoes and bugs. You can also use it for star gazing at night.
The tent is very lightweight. It only weighs 7.72 pounds. There isn’t much to carry there. But you do get a carrying bag for easy transportation and storage.
Semoo Water Resistant D-Style Door Tent
This dome can fit a family of four in it, effortlessly. It provides a spacious and comfortable area where 4 people can sleep. It is ideal for small groups or families with young children. It is very lightweight and easy to install. That makes it perfect for hiking and travel camping.
The Semoo tent is made with sturdy, durable polyester. It even has a double coating so that it can keep you safe and, most importantly, dry. The D-style access point is large enough to provide excellent ventilation and view. So are the windows. At the same time, they (door and windows) provide protection against bugs and other small pests.
The frame is made of fiberglass, so you know it will hold against the strongest wind. The hooped fly will do a great job at protecting you against any weather conditions you may face while camping. The installation, as well as the getting it down, only lasts a couple of minutes. Just fold it appropriately, and you can put it in its designated bag. You will receive one for easy storage and transportation.
This tent is close to perfect. It has all the right features, it’s easy to handle, and it will provide excellent shelter. It doesn’t matter that you use it in the middle of nowhere or in your backyard. It’s a fantastic addition to any family.
I will go with the Coleman Sundome. My choice is based purely on use. I own this tent, and I can tell you that is as good as any other expensive tent. It gives you what you need, which is why I believe it to be one of the best tents under 100 dollars on the market. I strongly recommend it to anyone.
I bet you were skeptic about finding a good tent under 100 dollars, weren’t you? That’s fine. So was I. That was until I did some research. The difference between a cheap tent, like the ones I described above, and a more expensive one is that the latter has a fancy label. That’s the case most of the times, which is why it’s not worth it.
- New Questions About 4 Man Dome Tent Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- The Tents under $ 100 Diaries
- Best Lightweight Tent Exposed
- The Advantages of Best Ultralight Tent
- The Top Secret Details Into Best Family Tent 2015 That People Do Not Know About
- Here’s What I Know About Best Backpacking Tent
- Top Person Backpacking Tent Choices
- If You Read Nothing Else Today, Read This Report on Best Tents 2015
- Best Tents 2016 – the Conspriracy
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About 3 Man Pop up Tent Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Surprising Facts About 4 Man Pop up Tent Revealed by the Experts
- Using Best Family Tent
- The Basics of Cheap Camping Tents You Can Learn From Beginning Right Away
- The Most Incredibly Disregarded Answer for 2 Room Tent
- Finding the Best Backpacking Ten
- The Debate Over Dome Tent
- 3 Room Tent: No Longer a Mystery
- The True Story About Large Camping Tents That the Experts Don’t Want You to Know
- Details of 5 Man Tent
- The Fight Against Camping Tents for Sale
- The Number One Article on Tents for Camping
- All About Tent
- Top Tents on Sale Choices
- The Tried and True Method for Outdoor Tent in Step by Step Detail
- The Fundamentals of Camping Tents Revealed
- An Honest View of 4 Man Tent
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Best 2 Person Tent under 100
- How to Find Cheap Tents on the Web
- Detailed Notes on Tents for Sale in Simple Step by Step Order
- What You Must Know About Cabin Tents
- The True Meaning of Backpacking Tents
- The Importance of Tent Sale
- A Guide to Large Tents
- Secret Shortcuts to Cheap Tents for Sale That Only the Experts Know
- Whatever They Told You About Tall Tent Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why